The Veterans Package
God Bless America and
all those who have
- Basic services of funeral director and staff
- Removal from place of death (within 35 mile radius of funeral home, over 35 miles a mileage charge will apply)
- Casket (20 gauge non protective)
- Bathing and Handling
- Dressing, cosmetizing, casketing
- Visitation one (1) hour before the funeral service in the Brooks Family Chapel
- Funeral service in the Brooks Family Chapel
- Register Book (choice of white, red, navy)
- 100 ¼ page memorial folders or prayer cards (personalized for the veteran with a military theme)
- Funeral coach (if local cemetery within 35 miles, service vehicle if cemetery is over 35 miles)
- Death Notice in Dallas Morning News
- Full obituary with photo posted on our website
- One certified death certificate (additional dc’s are $4 each)
- Grave space at DFW National Cemetery
- Outer burial container at DFW National Cemetery
- Opening and closing of the grave at DFW National Cemetery
- Grave Marker
- Use of shelter for 30 minute service at DFW National Cemetery
- Veterans Burial Flag
- Military Honors – folding of flag, presentation of flag and recorded playing of taps
* When burial of the Veteran is in a national cemetery the cemetery charges are provided, free of charge, for the veteran with anything other than a dishonorable discharge. This includes the grave space, outer burial container, opening and closing of the grave, grave marker, shelter for service, military honors and veteran’s burial flag.
**If the family of the veteran does not choose burial at a national cemetery the Veterans Administration will still provide a grave marker, military honors, and Veterans burial flag free of charge for the veteran with anything other than a dishonorable discharge.
***The cremated Veteran can be inurned in any national cemetery in a columbarium or in ground burial with the opening and closing, outer burial container, marker, burial flag and honors provided free of charge by the Veterans Administration to the Veteran with anything other than a dishonorable discharge.
****The spouse and disabled children of the Veteran (if they qualify) can be buried along with the Veteran in the national cemeteries and the Veterans Administration will also provide for their grave space, opening and closing of the grave and the outer burial container free of charge if the Veteran has anything other than a dishonorable discharge.
*****If veteran is killed while serving, or due to a service related injury, or is retired military then Honors will also include, Honor guard as pallbearers, 21 gun salute, and an individual to play taps.
A $125 Dallas Morning News Death Notice is Required with Every Package
To buy this package, please call: 1-800-300-1655View Other Packages